Washington State Club
Chief officer entrusted with the direction and administration of The Washington State Club in accordance with club by-laws.
- Set date and time for all Board of Directors meetings.
- Appoint the Social Chairperson ( Social Director ) and all Committee Chairpersons as deemed necessary by the board to carry out
the functions of the Club.
- Preside over Board of Directors meetings and the annual business meeting, based on the revised Roberts Rules of Order.
- Assign and direct duties of officers and chairpersons.
- Serve as a voting member of each committee.
To serve on the board in an advisory position.
1st Vice President:
- To fulfill the responsibilities of the President if he/she is unable to complete them.
- Take charge of the Washington State Club storage room and inventory. Control entrance card and key.
- Prepare a detailed inventory list of all contents in the club storage rooms. Keep inventory list current and available for each Board
of Directors meetings.
- Provide supplies as requested by the Social Director and deliver supplies to the requested locations.
- Return all unused supplies from the activity or social event, and all new purchased supplies to the storage room, updating inventory
- To serve as membership chairman and monitor the membership drive, renewal and roster.
- In charge of Communications and Publicity.
- Work with the Social Director and prepare newsworthy articles containing a brief description of scheduled Club events for
publication in local newspapers.
2nd. Vice Preident
( 623-556-9250 )
Officer entrusted to keep records of Directors’ meetings and annual business meetings.
- Take and record minutes of each Board of Directors meetings and at the Annual Business meeting.
- Provide a written report of the minutes of the last meeting for Board approval at each Board of Directors Meeting and at the annual
( 775-741-7752 )
Officer entrusted with the receipts, care, and disbursement of Club funds.
- To work with the 2nd VP in maintaining a current membership roster and to provide a monthly update to the Washington Club’s
WebMaster for distribution on the Washington Club’s website.
- Control of Club checking account. / Receive and deposit all checks. / Write all checks for expenses which have been approved by
the Board of Directors.
- Present a complete financial report at each Board of Directors meeting and the annual business meeting.
- Secure a yearly independent audit ( Auditor to be approved by the President ) of the Washington State Club finances and submit for
approval by President and Board of the Directors.
- Prepare a current membership directory each year and have printed and issued as a part of the Club’s MONTHLY newsletter.
Social Director: / Social Chairperson:
- Provide a preliminary list and schedule of recommended social activities for the new year for discussion and approval by the Board of
- Provide a summary of each upcoming event as required, detailing the estimated attendance and price to be charged based on the
estimated club cost. Obtain the Board of Directors approval.
- Report status of all upcoming events at each Board of Directors meetings.
- Prepare articles for publication in the club’s newsletter and SCW Rec Center monthly publication.
- Make all arrangements as required to accomplish each social event.
- Purchase all supplies required, requesting checks as necessary from Club Treasurer.
- Direct all social events.
( 360-201-3771 )
*Assistant Social Director:
- Make needed changes / updates to Website
- Provide social media direction and recommendations to the board to assure the Washington State Club is provided up-to-date
technology to maximize communication with membership.
Copyright © 2017 W.S.C. All Rights Reserved.